Terms of Service
Terms of Service
- Acceptance of these Term of Service
- The Website and the Service are provided to you subject to these Terms of Service (these "Terms"). By accessing the Website or using the Service, you agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms. For the purpose of the Terms and wherever the context so requires, the terms 'you' and "your" shall mean any person who uses the Website or the Service in any manner whatsoever including persons browsing the Website and its content, posting comments or any content or responding to any advertisements or content on the Website.
- By accessing and/or using the Website and/or the Service, you agree to comply with these Terms. Additionally, when using a portion of the Service, you agree to conform to any applicable posted guidelines for such Service, which may change or be updated from time to time at Renttitude’s sole discretion.
- You are solely responsible for reviewing these Terms from time to time. Should you object to any term or condition of these Terms, any guideline, or any subsequent changes thereto or become unhappy with Renttitude or the Service in any way, you must immediately discontinue use of the Website and the Service.
- These Terms may be updated by Renttitude at any time at its sole discretion. It is your responsibility to keep a copy of these Terms and check the date "last modified" at the top of this page.
- Renttitude may provide a translation of the English version of the Terms into other languages. Any translation of the Terms into other languages is for your convenience only and the English version governs the terms of your relationship with Renttitude. Furthermore, if there are any inconsistencies between the English version of the Terms and any translation, the English version of the Terms shall prevail.
- Nature Of The Renttitude Service
- Renttitude's role as an intermediary only
- Renttitude makes available to you an online platform (the "Renttitude Service") through which Lenders may make available certain items for rental by Borrowers upon approval by the parties.
- You understand that Renttitude is acting as an intermediary only in respect of any transactions entered into between Lenders and Borrowers for the rental of items through the Renttitude Service. Any agreement for the rental of any items through the Renttitude Service is between the relevant Lender and Borrower.
- While Renttitude endeavours to provide the Renttitude Service for the mutual benefit of both Lenders and Borrowers and has drawn up rules with that as its aim, Renttitude cannot be held responsible for, and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, excludes liability for, the conduct of users of the Renttitude Service.
- You acknowledge that in its capacity as an operator of the Renttitude Service and an intermediary in any transactions carried out through the Renttitude Service, Renttitude has the discretion to cancel any listing posted by a Lender, any request to borrow an item submitted by a Borrower, or any transaction, upon the provision of written notice to the parties involved, if it reasonably believes such listing, request or transaction does not comply with these Terms, the Borrowers' Rules or the Lenders' Rules.
- Using the Renttitude Service as a Lender
- When you agree as a Lender to lend an item to a Borrower, you acknowledge that you are entering into a separate contract with the Borrower and that such contract with the Borrower includes a promise by you to comply with the Lenders' Rules and these Terms.
- You also acknowledge that the Borrower is in no way acting under the control, or on behalf of Renttitude, that your agreement to lend any item to the Borrower is solely with the Borrower, and you agree not to make any claim or assertion that Renttitude is in any way liable or responsible for any loss or liability suffered by you in relation to any act or omission by the Borrower.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for your compliance with the Lenders' Rules, fully liable for any non-compliance with the Lenders' Rules and any compensation due to the Borrower in respect of any such non-compliance, including ensuring that the item offered for rental matches the description in your listing. You further acknowledge that Renttitude does not have: (i) any responsibility for your compliance with the Lender's Rules; (ii) any obligation to underwrite any liability you may have for non-compliance, or (iii) any obligation to compensate the Borrower for any breach of your agreement with the Borrower in any way.
- Using the Renttitude Service as a Borrower
- When you agree as a Borrower to borrow an item from a Lender, you acknowledge that you are entering into a separate contract with the Lender and that such contract with the Lender includes a promise by you to comply with the Borrowers' Rules and these Terms.
- You also acknowledge that the Lender is in no way acting under the control, or on behalf of Renttitude, that your agreement to borrow any item from the Lender is solely with the Lender, and you agree not to make any claim or assertion that Renttitude is in any way liable or responsible for any loss or liability suffered by you in relation to any act or omission by the Lender.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for your compliance with the Borrowers' Rules, fully liable for any non-compliance with the Borrowers' Rules and any compensation due to the Lender in respect of any such non-compliance, including the loss or damage to the item which you have borrowed. You further acknowledge that Renttitude does not have: (i) any responsibility for your compliance with the Borrowers' Rules; (ii) any obligation to underwrite any liability you may have for non-compliance, or (iii) any obligation to compensate the Lender for any breach of your agreement with the Lender in any way.
- Listings and Content
- You are accepting full responsibility responsible for anything you post on the Site (your Listing is covered under this) or that you communicate in any way through the Site or transmit to any other User (‘Content’). You agree that none of your Content will:
- be a Listing unless it is an Allowed Listing (see below for this)
- be offensive, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against anyone
- contain information that You know (or reasonably should know) is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities
- be abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous
- be material that infringes or violates another party’s rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity)
- be material that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner
- be something that asks for personal information from anyone under the age of 18
- contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- be capable of getting around Our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Us;
- be capable of taking any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the Site or using it for purposes unrelated to us);
- show you are associated with us other than as a member.
- We can delete or change any content we think inappropriate at our sole discretion and without notice.
- All the information in your Listing needs to be legal, decent, honest and truthful. Make sure Listing information is not misleading and any comments about Items is based on information that you can refer directly to. We aren’t to blame if Listing information is wrong.
- When you put Content on the Site you are giving us the right to use it on our Site for the purpose of providing the services of the Site set out in section 2. Make sure you have the right to do this. If you don’t have these rights and this causes loss to us (such as a claim from someone else who says they own the rights) you agree to cover that loss in full.
- We don’t publish Content – this is done by you and other members. We don’t actively monitor Content. If you publish Content in breach of these BM Terms we may remove it. If you see any Content that is in breach of these Terms or otherwise objectionable please tell us at email@example.com Following an objection, we may remove Content.
- Featured Listings
- Access to the Service
- In consideration of you complying with the Terms, Renttitude grants you a revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access and use the Renttitude Service.
- You acknowledge that your use of the Renttitude Service grants you no rights in or to the Renttitude Service or any of the intellectual property rights (including any copyright, trade mark or patents) owned by Renttitude or its licensors, other than the right to use the Renttitude Service in accordance with the Terms.
- You agree not to copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, edit, communicate to the public or distribute in any way the services, web pages or materials on the Renttitude Service or the computer codes of elements comprising the Renttitude Service other than for your own personal use. Subject to the above, you may download insubstantial excerpts of this content to your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
- Content Posted on Renttitude Service:
- If you are an owner of intellectual property rights or an agent who is fully authorised to act on behalf of the owner of intellectual property rights and believe that any Content or other content infringes upon your intellectual property right or intellectual property right of the owner on whose behalf you are authorised to act, you may submit a notification to Renttitude together with a request to Renttitude to delete the relevant Content in good faith. The notification and the request must contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the intellectual property rights claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple intellectual property rights at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the Content (by means of data or communication link, etc.) that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Renttitude to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Renttitude to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an electronic mail address;
- A signed statement that the intellectual property-owner hold Renttitude harmless from any claim of any third party in connection with the removing by Renttitude of the relevant content; and
- A signed statement that the information in the notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notifications must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charges, Payment & Fees
- We don’t charge you just for being a member – that’s free. On each occasion that a transaction between a Borrower and Lender for the rental of an item made available through the Renttitude Service:
- as a Lender, you agree to pay to Renttitude a commission of 10% of the Rental Fee ("Lender Commission"); and
- as a Borrower, you agree to pay to Renttitude a commission of 10% of the Rental Fee ("Borrower Commission"), (together, the "Renttitude Commission").
- If, as a Borrower, you submit a request to borrow a particular item and that request is approved by the Lender, you will be charged the full Rental Fee PLUS the Borrower Commission. The "Rental Fee" means the daily rate you have agreed to pay to rent the item multiplied by the number of days that you have agreed to rent the item.
- As a Lender, you will receive the Lender Fee due to you 24 hours after the scheduled start of the rental. The "Lender Fee" means the Rental Fee LESS the Lender Commission and the applicable taxes.
- Payments made through the Renttitude Service are processed by Payfort. You can read their full terms and conditions here.
- Payment processing services for lenders on Renttitude are provided by Payfort and are subject to the Payfort Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Payfort Terms of Service (collectively, the "Payfort Services Agreement"). By agreeing to these terms or continuing to operate as a lender on Renttitude, you agree to be bound by the Payfort Services Agreement, as the same may be modified by Payfort from time to time. As a condition of Renttitude enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you agree to provide Renttitude accurate and complete information about you and your business, and you authorize Renttitude to share it and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Payfort.
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for payment of applicable taxes (if any) owed by you pursuant to your use of the Renttitude Service.
- Our fees are payable in AED, and we may add more currencies in the future. We’ll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the Renttitude Service and will also send an email to the address registered to your account. We may also choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service. We shall give prior notice of these promotional events and new services by posting details on the Renttitude Service and will also send an email to the address registered to your account.
- You also agree that where you have contacted a particular user through the Renttitude Service, you shall not complete that transaction or any others otherwise than using the Renttitude Service, or engage in any other practice which may avoid or lower the amount of Renttitude Commission that would otherwise have been payable had the transaction been completed using the Renttitude Service ("Fee Avoidance"). In the event of engagement by any user(s) in any Fee Avoidance, such user(s) shall indemnify and hold harmless Renttitude in respect of any losses suffered by Renttitude as a result of such Fee Avoidance. Or in the event that you attempt to engage a user you met through the Renttitude service in a rental or transaction that does not use the Renttitude service, you are liable to pay a fine of up to AED 1,000 as a penalty for doing so, regardless of whether your attempts are successful or not, and we shall terminate your account for avoiding the site use policies and conditions.
- Cancelations of Rentals (Listings)
- More than 24 hours of Start Date: When a borrower cancels an Accepted rental, the Service Fees paid will be non-refundable to that person and the borrower will get his money back to his wallet and wallet money can be used to rent something else or request a full refund to bank account "if provided".
For example, lets say amount paid with Service Fees by borrower was AED 198 (180 + 18) then
- 18 AED (Service Fees) will remain in Renttitude account
- Borrower will get 180 in wallet
- Lender will get nothing
- Renttitude will not get any Service Fees from Lender (if applicable)
- Less than 24 hours of Start Date: 20% of the rental value will go to lender and the Service Fees are in this case non-refundable.
Also the borrower when in cancels in less than 24h from the rental date, he/she will get an automated review on your profile reviews that he/she canceled a rental in less than 24h before the rental start date".
As above, for example,
- 18 will remain in Renttitude account
- Borrower will get 80% i.e. 144 in wallet
- Lender will get 20% i.e. 36 in wallet
- Renttitude will not get any Service Fees from Lender (if applicable)
- When a lender cancels at anytime, the borrower will get his money back in full, however, he/she will get an automated review on your profile reviews that he/she canceled a rental
- Unlike borrower, we won't charge any Service Fees from lender if he decides to cancel in more than 24 hours from the rental start date.
- Borrower will get the entire amount refunded i.e. 180+18 Service fee in his/her wallet
- if the lender cancels in less than 24 hours from the rental start date, the lender will be charged the service fee for that rental even though it didn’t take place, also an automated cancelation message will appear on the lender profile.
- Your Liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit your liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from your negligence.
- As a Lender, when listing an item for rental through the Renttitude Service, you must give true and accurate details of the condition of the item and detail what is included or noticeably absent.
- As a Borrower, by requesting to rent an item through our Services, you are responsible for having sufficient funds available to replace the item should you lose or damage the item. If you do not know how much the item is worth, please contact a member of the Renttitude team prior to submitting your request and we will assist you. If you do not have funds available for the approximate value of the item, do not request to borrow the item.
- We have the right to take money up to the Estimated Value of the item from your account without seeking further permission from you, if we reasonably believe you have caused damage to the item, or are unable to return it for any reason within 7 days of the return deadline.
- You further acknowledge that as a Borrower, if you return the item after the Return Deadline (as defined in the Borrower's Rules), we are entitled to charge you up to twice the full Rental Fee and Borrower Commission for each additional day that the item is returned after the Return Deadline (for the avoidance of doubt, if the item is returned after the Return Deadline on the scheduled day of return, you shall be charged for a full additional day of rental). You further acknowledge that we may take the funds directly from your account to cover such charges, without seeking further permission from you. The Return Deadline is the time you agreed to return the item with the lender, or 12pm on the rental return date (whichever time is later).
- In the event of a good faith dispute between the parties in relation to the Estimated Value of a particular item, Renttitude has the sole discretion to set an appropriate Estimated Value for that item, determined in good faith and taking into account the reasonable representations of the parties.
- If you refuse to pay for any damage caused, or to pay any amount that you owe to Renttitude or a Renttitude user, for any reason, within the timeframe given to you by Renttitude, we will engage the services of debt collectors who will pursue this debt with you on our behalf. You agree that the charge for their services will be added to the debt they will be collecting from you.
- Our Liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit the liability of Renttitude for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or the negligence of its agents or employees.
- You have certain rights under the law. These include that we will provide the Renttitude Service to you with reasonable skill and care. You have certain legal remedies if we breach any of these rights. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights which you may also be entitled, for example to damages or specific performance. For more information about your legal rights contact your local Citizens Advice Service or Trading Standards Service.
- Under no circumstances shall Renttitude be liable or responsible for the acts or omissions of any third party who uses the Renttitude Service (including any third party with whom you enter into a transaction through the Renttitude Service). Renttitude is acting as an intermediary only in respect of any transaction concluded by parties introduced to each other through the Renttitude Service for the rental of any item listed on the Renttitude Service and accepts no liability for the performance of either party (i.e. Borrower or Lender) in relation to any such transaction.
- Without prejudice to section 10.3 above, Renttitude is not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach;
- indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by at the time of entering into this agreement, (for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity);
- User Content to the extent that such content is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent or otherwise violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law; or
- failure to provide the Renttitude Service or to meet any of our obligations under this agreement where such failure is due to Events Beyond Our Control.
- For the purposes of section 10.4.4, "Events Beyond Our Control" means any cause beyond our reasonable control which prevents us from providing the Service or fulfilling any of our other obligations under this agreement and includes but is not limited to fire, flood, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident, terrorist activity and acts of God.
- Other than for breaches of implied statutory terms described in paragraph 10.2 above, Renttitude's total liability to you for any loss or damage arising in connection with your use of the Renttitude Service shall be limited to one hundred Dollars ($100).
- You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to the Renttitude Service or that defects in the Renttitude Service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of the Renttitude Service.
- Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute.
- Termination Your Use of Renttitude Services
- Sad to see you go however, you can simply choose to stop using the Renttitude Service at any time. In addition, you may also contact Renttitude through the following link: https://fatlama.com/contact-us and request that we deactivate your account.
- You acknowledge that your use of the Renttitude Service is subject to Renttitude's discretion and Renttitude may, in the event of your breach of the Terms, at its sole discretion, withdraw your rights to use the Renttitude Service on the provision of written notice with immediate effect.
- These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Renttitude without restriction. Any assignment or transfer by you shall be null and void.
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT, RECEIVE AND HOST Account and Profile Information: When you use our Services we may require and use certain information such as a valid email address, phone number and password. In addition, users may create a profile that includes information such as their geography, first and last name, gender, phone number, interests and associated information, including photos they may wish to upload. Any information users share in publicly-available profiles is their own responsibility. You should carefully consider the risks of making certain personal information—particularly information such as address or precise location information—publicly available. Where a user has decided to login to our site using a third-party authentication service such as Facebook Connect, we may also receive additional profile or other information authorized by that provider. Listings and Transactions: We may host the information, including personal information and contact information, valid contact information and password necessary to provide our Services. Much of the same information used to create an account or profile may be required to post a listing. Any information users share in listings is their own responsibility. Like with profiles, users should carefully consider the risks of making certain personal information—particularly information such as address or precise location information—publicly available in a listing. Games, Advertising and Promotions: We may collect personal information such as your name and contact information when you participate in games, quizzes or other marketing promotions we sponsor on our site or on third-party sites. We may also process information related to the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, including what ads are viewed and clicked either on our network or on third-party sites. Customer Care: When you contact our customer care department, we may collect the personal information necessary to fulfil your request and to contact you for follow up as needed. We may also contact you using existing account contact information you provide to us for this purpose. We may also collect other information about our communications with our users, for example any user support requests that our users make or any feedback that our users provide to us. Website and Mobile Data: We may automatically receive and log information on our servers from your browser or device including your IP address, software and hardware attributes, pages that you request, mobile identifiers, information about app usage, and other device or systems-level information. This can occur on our website or mobile app, or on third parties’ services. Appended Information: We may also append information we lawfully obtain from business partners or third parties to existing data we hold about our users.
E. USER CONTROLS Access, Correction and Deletion: For users that have created an account or listing with us, you can access, correct or delete your personal information by writing to us at the following address: info@Renttitude.com. You are responsible for keeping the data you provide or post on our network accurate. If your account was created through an identity provider (e.g. Facebook Connect) you may also disable or change the account information through the settings offered by the identity provider (e.g. on Facebook.com). Third Party Choice: Certain third parties active on our site, e.g. Google Adwords, give you the ability to opt out of their collection and use of information for interest-based advertising. Cookies: Most major desktop and mobile web browsers (e.g Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera) provide controls that allow you to limit or block the setting of cookies on your systems. Note that disabling cookies in your browser for either first-party domains (the sites you actively visit) or third-party domains (companies other than those you directly visit on the Web) may result in decreased functionality in certain instances.
F. SECURITY All information we collect is protected by reasonable technical means and reasonable security procedures in order to prevent unauthorized access or use of data. Our affiliates, trusted partners and third-party service providers have committed to manage the information in accordance with our requirements for security and privacy.
- Disputes between Users
- If you have a dispute with one or more Renttitude users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- Notwithstanding section 14.1.1, if a Borrower and Lender are unable to resolve a dispute, Renttitude will use reasonable efforts to mediate in respect of such dispute and, without prejudice to its rights set out under these Terms, may choose to deduct monies up to the estimated value of a particular item from the account of the Borrower to compensate the Lender following loss or damage of a particular item that has been rented as part of the transaction. Renttitude will also charge a fee of 30% of the amount charged on top of any monies collected in order to cover the service of acting as a mediator.
- Disputes between you and Renttitude
- If the unlikely event of a dispute arises between you and Renttitude, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to the Renttitude Contact page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website and are not allowed to transact or use the website.
- Delivery Policy
- Renttitude.com will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries in accordance with the law of UAE
- The failure of the Company to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any of these Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver of any right or remedy of the Company in respect of any existing or subsequent breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Payments Methods, Card types & Refund Policy
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment.
- We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED
- Multiple transactions may result in multiple postings to the cardholder’s monthly statement.